Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes.
You can make Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes
- You need 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- You need 1/4 cup of lard.
- Prepare 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- You need 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes step by step
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad