Simple Sugar Cookies.
You can cook Simple Sugar Cookies using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- You need of Frosting-.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of milk.
Simple Sugar Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar..
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined..
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated..
- Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat..
- Roll cookies into 1-inch balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass until 1/4 inch thick..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes..
- Let cool completely..
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together powdered sugar and butter until creamy. Mix in vanilla and milk until smooth..
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting..
- You can also roll out this recipe and cut with cookie cutters for fun shapes..