Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter). The Only Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake You'll Ever Need. Check out our Dessert Recipe Archives! How to Make a Chocolate Mug Cake – Step By Step Photos.
I swear, unlike all those other mug cakes you have made — this Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is actually really tasty! It took me a long time to figure out how to get rid of the bad spongy texture of most mug cakes. I loved the flavor – but hated the texture of all the mug cakes I had tried before. You can make Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter)
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soft butter.
- You need 40 g of dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium egg.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of caster sugar.
- You need 3 tablespoons of self-raising flour.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped.
Sometimes a dessert is so good that you need to describe it in all caps. Eat it unfrosted or topped with your favorite chocolate icing. All you need are a handful of pantry staples, a microwave and a fellow chocolate There's a little chocolate-meets-peanut-butter lovefest is going on in that mug, and you should be a part of it. I really prefer my banana chocolate peanut butter mug cake with no eggs in it.
Mug cake (Chocolate and peanut butter) step by step
- Place the butter and chocolate in a 350ml mug and microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg and milk to the mug and beat with a form until throughly combined.
- Add the sugar, flour and salt and beat again until smooth, then float a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the cake mixture but don't stir – this will sink down as the cake cooks to create a lovely gooey peanut butter centre..
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes 20 seconds @600W, 2 minutes @800W or 1 minute 40 seconds @1000W.
- While the cake is still warm, top with the remaining peanut butter. Wait for it to melt slightly and then scatter with peanuts, curl up on the sofa and enjoy!.
I love topping mine with extra peanut butter or even chocolate chips because in our case, toppings are everything right? Since we are only talking a small dessert and not an entire cake, don't feel guilty about adding some. A chocolate and peanut butter flavored mug cake studded with chocolate chips. Chocolate and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations. Add in some chocolate chips or an extra drizzle of peanut butter on top for the most delicious mug cake recipe.