T's Applesauce Cake.
You can have T's Applesauce Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of T's Applesauce Cake
- Prepare 2 C of flour.
- It’s 1 C of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 C of butter (melted).
- You need 1 1/2 C of applesauce (unsweetened).
- It’s 3/4 C of golden raisins.
- It’s 1/2 C of chopped dates.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon.
T's Applesauce Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 f and soak dates in 2tbsp. of water spread out in a shallow dish..
- Combine all wet ingredients (egg, applesauce, vanilla and melted butter) and mix well..
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and spices. Mix well, then fold in raisins and dates..
- Place batter in 2 loaf pans or a 9×13 cake pan. Bake to a golden brown (45-50 minutes, 30-40 min. for loaves). Start checking after 45 minutes (30minutes for loaves), using the clean toothpick method..
- Great warm or room temp. Enjoy!.
recipe by Tim Thomas @cookpad