Rava or Sooji Ka Dhokla (Savory Steamed Cake With Semolina) – Healthy Breakfast.
You can have Rava or Sooji Ka Dhokla (Savory Steamed Cake With Semolina) – Healthy Breakfast using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Rava or Sooji Ka Dhokla (Savory Steamed Cake With Semolina) – Healthy Breakfast
- It’s 1 cup of Fine Rava.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Curd.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Eno.
- Prepare 3 tbsp+1tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Tempering :.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds or Rai.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of White Sesame seeds.
- It’s 4-6 of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped green chilli.
Rava or Sooji Ka Dhokla (Savory Steamed Cake With Semolina) – Healthy Breakfast instructions
- Mix all ingredients except Eno and keep aside for 10 minutes. Keep 2 cups of water in a deep kadhai and put a stand in it. Cover it and let it boil for 5 minutes. Now add Eno in a dhokla batter and pour 1 tsp of lemon juice over it. Mix it well..
- Pour batter into a greased dhokla pan and steam for 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick if it cum out clean then it’s done. Allow it cool down..
- For Tempering: Heat oil in a small pan. First, add the mustard seeds. Let them papaya first. Add curry leaves and white sesame seeds, and allow to crackle. Then add chopped green chilli. Now add water, let it boil for 1 minute. Switch off the flame. Spread tempering over dhokla and cut into the desired shape and enjoy. Enjoy with green chutney or sauce..
- Tips: 1. If you don’t have fine sooji just grind normal sooji into the mixer. 2. If dhokla doesn’t turn out spongy it may be for the following reasons: When the batter has not enough moisture. Keeping the batter for a long time after adding Eno. Steaming on high flame for a long time. If Rava is not properly soaked the dhokla will not be spongy..
recipe by MadAboutCooking @cookpad