Keshari KHEER with Date Palm Jaggery.
You can make Keshari KHEER with Date Palm Jaggery using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keshari KHEER with Date Palm Jaggery
- You need 1 litre of Full fat Milk.
- Prepare 100 g of Gobind bhog rice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Date palm jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed cardamom.
- Prepare 15-20 of thread Saffron/keshar.
- You need 4-5 tsp of chopped nuts of your choice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ghee.
- You need 4 tsp of Rose petals for garnishing.
Keshari KHEER with Date Palm Jaggery step by step
- Firstly wash and soak rice for 20 minutes. This help to cook the rice quickly. Drain and set aside..
- Pour milk in a heavy bottomed pot and bring it to boil on medium flame. When it come to a boil add drained rice..
- Keep string often to prevent burning. Also keep the flame on low. Add keshar / saffron.
- Meanwhile in another pan heat ghee and roast chopped nuts..
- Cook until rice is soft and slightly mushy.you can mash it with your finger and check..
- Add nuts, cardamon powder and Jaggery.
- Mix all well. Scrap the sides and stir often..
- Cook until the kheer thickens on low flame.
- Transfer kheer in a bowl and Garnish it with chopped nuts and rose petals. Serve hot or cold..
recipe by Swati Keshri @cookpad