Cajun Herb Green Beans. Cajun Smothered Green Beans With SausageA Sprinkling of Cayenne. The Cajun flavor makes it different from your regular green bean recipe. —Shannon Lewis, Andover, Minnesota. Cooked green beans >salt & pepper to Taste.
I loved pickled vegetables, and have had a couple of different brands of green beans. My friends introduced me to this brand and they are soooooo delicious. Dried white beans, such as Great Northern or Navy beans, seasoned with the Trinity, garlic, green onion, parsley, bacon and andouille sausage, and I always have to chuckle when I make these Cajun White Beans because I swear, leave it to us southerners to take a product called Great Northern. You can make Cajun Herb Green Beans using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Herb Green Beans
- It’s 2 lb of Snapped Green Beans.
- Prepare 3 slice of Bacon, crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 5 of red potatoes, cut in half.
- You need 2 cup of precooked ham, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Bell Pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 6 of sweet basil, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rosemary, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Red Beans and Rice is one of those iconic recipes that has stood the test of time. With the big game coming this weekend, and Mardi Gras And of course, I used the holy trinity of cajun cooking to start my beans, meaning onions, celery, and green pepper. Since I'm using a pre-mixed bag of. This Cajun Thanksgiving menu, featuring corn bread, bacon, crawfish, and more of your Low Country faves, is full of warmly spiced holiday recipes.
Cajun Herb Green Beans instructions
- In a skillet fry bacon until done. Drain on paper towel..
- Add to skillet with drippings; green beans, onions, bell pepper & celery. Cook until onions are clear & slightly browned. 5-10 minutes.
- In a large pot add broth, water & wine over med-high heat..
- When onions are ready add green bean skillet mixture to liquid in large pot..
- Add thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, pepper, salt, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce & bacon pieces. Stir..
- While boiling, cover pot then reduce to medium heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes..
- Add potatoes & ham. Cook covered for an additional 30-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Serve.
Green beans are the labradors of the vegetable world, they just seem to get along with everyone! Hot, peppery Cajun seasoning is essential for Cajun-style blackened fish or chicken, but try it on veggies like Fire-Charred Green Beans too!. from: Field Guide to Herbs & Spices by Aliza Green. Canning green beans are easy but tricky for beginners to do it the right way so it can be safely preserved. You will know a green bean is ready for picking when the bean is. Drain the kidney beans and rinse.