You can have Simple gingerbread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Simple gingerbread
- It’s 150 g of Unsalted butter.
- You need 180 ml of golden syrup.
- Prepare 60 g of Light brown sugar.
- You need 30 g of Dark brown sugar.
- You need 500 g of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Ground ginger.
- You need of Ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon.
Simple gingerbread instructions
- Put butter, golden syrup and sugar in a pot and heat it until the sugar is melted..
- Get a big mixing bowel and put salt, all the flours and spices in..
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry one and mix them well to form a dough..
- Take two slices of baking paper and place some dough between them. Use rolling pin to get the preferred thickness. And then place the dough with the baking paper into the freezer for 15-20 minutes..
- Use cookie cutters or just cut the dough into the preferred shapes. Use 180℃ oven to bake for around 8-11 minutes (need to be adjusted depends on the size and thickness of the dough).
- Use some icing to build up the gingerbread house and Christmas tree..