Carrot walnut cake. Just right with a cup of tea. • How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly Lots of carrots make this the best carrot cake. I like to hand grate my carrots since I prefer the.
This diabetic-friendly dessert packs a nutritious punch with whole wheat flour, flaxseed and shredded carrots. A deliciously moist carrot and walnut cake flavoured with vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon. This Carrot Cake is from a reader, the lovely Dorothy of Tennessee in the States, a long-time reader of Perfect flavour and texture, with a hint of cinnamon, subtle soft crunch from walnuts and coconut. You can have Carrot walnut cake using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot walnut cake
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 and half of eggs.
- You need 6 tbspn of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s few of drops of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted chopped walnuts.
- It’s For of frosting:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream cheese.
- You need 3 tbspn of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar powder.
- You need Few of drops of vanilla essence.
- It’s Few of drops of lemon juice.
- Prepare for of garnishing:.
- Prepare few of strawberries.
- You need as required of chocolate syrup.
Surprisingly airy and light, this cake could have been a soufflé in a previous life. Naturally gluten-free, the batter gets its lift from egg whites, its. Walnuts, cashews, or even pistachios would be delicious additions. While ours doesn't include any, this recipe works well with it.
Carrot walnut cake instructions
- In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients eggs, oil whisk well then add sugar, essence, beat till frothy texture, in another bowl sieve dry ingredients and mix carrots in it then add in wet ingredients mix well add chopped roasted walnuts mix, pour it in lined tin again garnish walnuts (optional)..
- Bake in preheated oven for 180°c for about 25 to 30 mins..
- For frosting: Blend cream cheese and butter once it gets peak add sugar powder blend add lemon juice, essence blend till peaks and ready to go. Garnish with strawberries and chocolate syrup..
recipe by Tasneem Khan @cookpad
This post may contain affiliate links. (Optional add-ins): Feel free to also include chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts), shredded. Yes, I have another carrot cake recipe with pineapple and pecans. You basically just mix the dry ingredients together with grated carrot, chopped apple and walnuts with a spatula. This moist, delicious carrot cake has traditional ingredients like carrot, pineapple, and walnuts, with the addition of toasted coconut flakes to dress up cream cheese icing. Level tops of cakes so they are flat.