Coconut Macaroons. Begin by combining the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and If you'd like to dip the macaroons in chocolate, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. How To Make the Best Coconut Macaroons. Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle, a good coconut macaroon is an irresistible thing.
Coconut macaroons tend to be rather chewy affairs. That is, until our pastry chef neighbor Evie brought over her macaroons. Soft and smooth on the inside. You can cook Coconut Macaroons using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroons
- It’s 150 g of coconut flakes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 5 of medium egg white.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
The macaroons I had in Cambria were lighter than mine. The ingredients in coconut macaroons are very simple. There was quite a bit of difference in texture and taste. Master these sweet and addictive coconut macaroons for Passover or Easter.
Coconut Macaroons step by step
- Coconut flakes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large heatproof mixing bowl Set the bowl directly in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir the mixture with a spatula, scraping the bottom to prevent burning, until the mixture is very hot to the touch and the egg whites have thickened slightly and turned from translucent to opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set the batter aside for 30 minutes to let the flavours to meld..
- Using 2 tablespoons of batter, make heaps of mixture 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes, just until the coconut tips begin to color, rotating the pan from front to back halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are a beautiful cream and gold colour, with deeper brown edges..
Coconut Macaroons – delightfully sweet and moist bite-sized treat that's chewy in the middle with a slightly crusty exterior. A wonderful indulgence using simple and few ingredients! These sweet and simple cookie mounds require only five ingredients! Lightly toast them in the oven and bonus points if you dip them in dark chocolate! These easy coconut macaroons are made with egg whites (no sweetened condensed milk) and are such a simple recipe to make!