Cheesy hash brown egg nests. Cheesy Hash Brown Egg A super simple way to charm brunch guests or treat your family to a special breakfast. Using them as the base, these Cheesy Hash Brown Egg Nests come together quickly and easily. That means you can make them for breakfast even if you are barely conscious and not.
They're portable, protein-packed, and customizable depending on what you like (or what happens to be in But what makes this recipe extra special is the hash brown crust. Crispy potatoes form the perfect cup and transform theses bites into a full meal. Hash browns and eggs are popular breakfast options. You can make Cheesy hash brown egg nests using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy hash brown egg nests
- Prepare 20 oz of Frozen hash browns thawed.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheese (I used habanero cheddar ).
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil divided.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 6 small of cremini mushrooms chopped (about 1 cup).
- Prepare 1 cup of ham diced.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh spinach chopped.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Why not combine them into the ultimate treat: hash brown egg nests? They are easy to prepare, and once you know the basics of making them, you can even experiment with your own. In the center of each hash brown nest, add a teaspoon of grated cheese, and then top with one egg. Transfer the potato mixture to the baking dish.
Cheesy hash brown egg nests instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl mix potatoes, half the cheese and half of the oil..
- Spray muffin pan with non stick spray..
- In a 6 cup muffin pan evenly divide potatoes and press to form the "nests".
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool when done..
- While potatoes cook saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until softened. About 6 minutes..
- Add the mushrooms and cook 6 minutes more..
- Add the ham and cook until heated through. About 5 minutes..
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. About 3 minutes..
- In a small bowl scramble eggs and whisk in the cream. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour even amounts of eggs into the potato cups..
- Add the mushroom ham mixture to the potates and top with remaining cheese..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- When done let cool 10 minutes. Carefully remove the potato nests and serve immediately..
recipe by Ted Green @cookpad
Hash Brown Egg Nests are a delicious breakfast or brunch idea you can make ahead. They're soft on the inside, and crispy golden on the outside. This Happy Egg nest recipe is one of our all-time favorite breakfast ideas! Hash browns are packed into a muffin pan and filled with farm-fresh Happy. Perfect little portion controlled hash brown nests filled with eggs, cheese and ham.