Steamed Tofu and Vegetable Buns (Macrobiotic & Vegan Recipe).
You can cook Steamed Tofu and Vegetable Buns (Macrobiotic & Vegan Recipe) using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Steamed Tofu and Vegetable Buns (Macrobiotic & Vegan Recipe)
- Prepare of Manju dough.
- It’s 150 grams of ◆Whole wheat flour.
- It’s 150 grams of ◆Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 4 grams of ◆Salt.
- You need 5 grams of ◆Dry yeast.
- It’s 15 grams of Beet sugar syrup (beet sugar).
- It’s 180 ml of Hot water (warmed to the touch).
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 150 grams of Tofu.
- You need 1/4 of Cabbage.
- You need 2 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 50 grams of Green onion or scallion.
- Prepare 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt (for cabbage).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
Steamed Tofu and Vegetable Buns (Macrobiotic & Vegan Recipe) instructions
- [Making the dough] Combine all ◆ ingredients and mix well..
- Dissolve beet sugar syrup in water that's warm to the touch, add the hot water to the flour from Step 1 and knead..
- When the dough clumps up into one piece, keep it in a warm place and let it sit for the first proofing..
- Finely chop up the cabbage, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of salt and let it sit for 30 minutes..
- Strain excess water from the tofu by placing a weight on top of the tofu. (You can also briefly microwave the tofu.) Finely chop up the rest of the ingredients..
- After letting the cabbage sit for 30 minutes, there will be some excess water coming out, so drain the excess water using a kitchen towel..
- Stir-fry the ingredients in the order of ginger →dried shiitake mushrooms→green onion→tofu→and then cabbage. Season with salt, soy sauce and sesame oil..
- Punch down the dough after the proofing and divide it into 6 portions. Let it sit for another 10 minutes..
- [Shape] Roll out the dough into a round shape using a rolling pin. Roll out into about a thickness of 5 mm..
- Place the ingredients from Step 7 in the middle. Make sure not to put in too much filling, because you will not be able to wrap it..
- Stick together the side closest to you and the opposite side..
- Then stick both left and right sides of the dough together to the middle..
- Fold in the round part of the dough and stick them together to the middle, then the shaping is done! Let the dough sit in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes for the second proofing..
- After proofing, steam in a heated steamer for 15 to 20 minutes. Then you're all done!.
- It should look like this when it is ready..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad