Wacky Apple Cake.
You can make Wacky Apple Cake using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Wacky Apple Cake
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar or equivalent of sugar substitute.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten (or equivalent of egg substitute).
- Prepare 2 cups of flour (gluten-free or regular).
- You need 1 tsp of xanthum gum, if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk of choice.
- Prepare 2 of apples, pared & thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar or equivalent of sugar substitute.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Wacky Apple Cake step by step
- Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, & eggs. Beat well..
- Sift flour, xanthum gum, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, & cinnamon together. Sift 2 more times. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk..
- Pour into 8×8 pan..
- Place apple slices in rows until batter is completely covered..
- Pour melted butter over all. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar..
- Place in 375 degrees oven. Bake for 30 minutes..
- Pour heavy cream over cake..
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until cake is done..
recipe by Stephanie Goldman @cookpad