You can make Date Syrup using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date Syrup
- It’s 2 pounds of dates.
- It’s 8-1/2 cup of water.
Date Syrup step by step
- Place dates and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 hours or until dates are very soft and starting to dissolve..
- If you start running out of water add some..
- After two hours let the dates cool to room temperature.
- Take cheesecloth and I used a potato ricer to press the juices from the dates. I did this in batches. Save the date pulp..
- You can put it in a ziploc bag and freeze or put into breads, muffins, and so on..
- Take the liquids and put into a pot and reduce till it's as thick as maple or table syrup..
- Let cool and put into a sterilized container. Refrigerate and treat as maple syrup..
- I hope you enjoy!!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad