Almond Joy Pie.
You can have Almond Joy Pie using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Almond Joy Pie
- Prepare of Crust:.
- You need 24 of Graham cracker squares, crushed into crumbs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 1 cup of Mini chocolate chips.
- It’s 2 cups of toasted coconut.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Almonds, Whole or Halves (Toasted or Roasted optional).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sliced Almonds (Toasted or Roasted optional).
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of milk or unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/2 tbs of butter.
Almond Joy Pie step by step
- Mix melted butter and crumbs and press into 9" pie shell and bake at 350 for 12 minutes or use pre-bought pie crust..
- Layer the chocolate chips evenly in bottom, bake till chips start to melt. Set aside..
- Separate eggs and whisk yolks in a bowl. Set aside..
- In large sauce pan toast coconut over very low heat, stirring often, being careful not to burn. Set aside..
- In same sauce pan, add milk, flour, sugar, and salt. Cook milk mixture over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until it boils. Cook 1 minute..
- Temper eggs by whisking yolks constantly as you slowly add about half the hot milk mixture in the egg bowl..
- Return milk/yolk mixture to sauce pan and bring back to a boil, whisking constantly..
- Turn off heat and add extracts, butter, almonds, and 3/4 of toasted coconut..
- Mix thoroughly and pour into pie crust, garnish top with sliced almonds and remaining coconut..
- Place pie on wire rack and cool. Chill in fridge 2-4 hours or over night..
- Warm servings 20 seconds in Microwave to soften chocolate. Serve with whipped cream..