Dried fruit Christmas garland. Making dried fruit Christmas garland is an inexpensive, easy and fun way to be with your children that will definitely make happy and lasting memories with The next step is the construction of the garland itself. When you are set and ready to make your dried fruit Christmas garland, begin by choosing. Home Advice & Ideas Creating a dried fruit Christmas garland.
We all did our best to look amused. This dried orange Christmas garland makes a lovely Christmas decoration. Click the arrows above for a step-by-step guide to drying oranges. You can have Dried fruit Christmas garland using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dried fruit Christmas garland
- You need of Assorted citrus fruits, e.g lemons, Clementine, limes, oranges.
- You need sticks of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Fir cones.
- Prepare of Candy canes.
- It’s of Ribbon.
- Prepare of String.
When storing your dried orange Christmas garland for next year, it's best to store it in a paper bag in a dry place so that the fruit stays nice and dry. A wide variety of christmas fruit garlands options are available to you, such as occasion. I made a dried fruit garland last year and when I opened the decorations box I was met with a lovely citrus smell. The orange slices had also hardened over the year and it wasn't mouldy at all!
Dried fruit Christmas garland step by step
- Slice some of the fruit around quarter of an inch thick, place on absorbent kitchen paper. Pre heat oven to 90 c / 190 f.
- Make 6 cuts to some of the whole fruit, towards the centre but not right through..
- Line baking sheets with parchment or greaseproof paper..
- Arrange fruit in single layers on tray..
- Place trays in oven for at least two hours, turn fruit occasionally. Allow to 'cook until fruit drys out, whole fruit will take longer..
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely. Carefully make holes in centre of slices with a skewer..
- Thread onto string, alternating fruits,cones, candy canes, cinnamon sticks and ribbons..
- Hang in prefered location..
- I used some orange slices removed from my mulled wine and dried them, they smelled like mulled wine once dried, adding another dimension !.
How to Make a Dried Fruit Garland. I have included some affiliate links. Enjoy the beauty of natural Christmas decorations when you make these easy dried fruit ornaments to adorn your tree or packages this holiday season. A couple of years ago I made a dried orange garland with orange slices, bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks. This has been one of my most popular posts.