Tasty ham and cheese pie (zambonotiropita). This is a hearty tasty filling pie and easy to make. Though I am still searching for a recipe for Ham and Cheese Pye. Recipe Category / Savory pies and Tarts.
Some nights I can't figure out what to make for dinner. I love chicken, but that can get old. How to Make Ham and Cheese Hand Pies. You can cook Tasty ham and cheese pie (zambonotiropita) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tasty ham and cheese pie (zambonotiropita)
- It’s 10 of Phyllo Dough Sheets.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Ham (cubed).
- You need 2 cups of Gouda or any Yellow Cheese (cubed).
- You need 1 cup of Butter (melted).
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
What's really lovely about this recipe is that you can use whatever leftover cooked meat and vegetables you have, provided that they would go well with a cheesy béchamel sauce. Suggestions for proteins include: Shredded roast chicken. Repeat with remaining cheese and ham slices. I added bacon altogether with the ham and cheese and it was amazing.
Tasty ham and cheese pie (zambonotiropita) step by step
- Cut Ham into cubes,.
- Continue by cutting the Gouda or Yellow Cheese of your choice into cubes..
- In a large bowl add in Ham and Cheese and mix..
- Use butter throughly on Phyllo Dough.
- In a buttered baking pan add the first 2 phyllo sheets and brush melted butter thoroughly..
- Continue by adding the Ham and Cheese mix and layer with the next two sheets of Phyllo Sheets, spread mix, continue the process until mix has finished. Top with the last 2 pieces of buttered Phyllo Sheets In a separate bowl and in the eggs, milk and whisk, pour batter over pie..
recipe by Foodzesty @cookpad
I also added a chipotle sause and it intensified the flavor so much. This ham and cheese pie are made with ham and brie, making them the perfect savory hand pie for a meal or just a fun snack! These were fun and tasty, though my Brie kinda melted into nothingness. Maybe because I used a cheap supermarket brand. But I can see pieces in your photos.