Cajun Ham Hash.
You can have Cajun Ham Hash using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Ham Hash
- Prepare of Seasoning Mix.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s of Ingredients.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of onions, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of peeled white potatoes, cube.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of ham, cubed.
- Prepare 6 of fried eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
Cajun Ham Hash step by step
- Combine all the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix well. Set aside..
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in about 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Add the onions and celery and saute into vegetables are translucent. About 6 minutes..
- Add the ham and the potatoes. Sprinkle in the rest of the seasoning mix. Raise heat to medium-high and begin tossing and turning the hash, letting it brown. This process will take every bit of 30 minutes. There well be an urge to crank up the heat. Don't do that. The potatoes will be burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. Just keep turning them every 5 minutes..
- 15 minutes into it. Almost there..
- Viola! 30 minutes later the hash is done. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh parsley. Top with a fried egg and serve hot with buttered toast snugged up along side..
recipe by King-Crimson @cookpad