"Christmas special eggless Plum Cake".
You can make "Christmas special eggless Plum Cake" using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Christmas special eggless Plum Cake"
- Prepare For of fruits soak:-.
- You need 1/2 cup of mix dry fruits (tuti fruti, cranberry, raisins dates).
- It’s 1/4 cup of fruit juice (orange juice).
- It’s For of cake:-.
- You need 1 Cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk(1/2 cup milk with 1tbsp vinegar).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark caramel syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of spice mix ( combination of cinnamon cardamom nutmeg powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped nuts(cashew almonds walnut pistachio).
"Christmas special eggless Plum Cake" step by step
- Soak the dry fruits in orange juice overnight or at least 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Grease the cake mould with butter..
- To make the caramel syrup:- in a pan add 3 tbsp sugar with 1tsp water and melt it till caramelized. It should melt completely and colour should change to golden. Don't burn it.now add 1/4 cup water slowly. And boil it for 10-15 sec on low flame till it melt. Keep caramel syrup aside..
- In a bowl add all dry ingredients – maida, cocoa powder, milk powder baking powder baking soda spice mix and mix it well.(Sieve the mixture making sure there are no lumps).
- In separate bowl add brown sugar and butter and whisk it until well combined..
- Now in a bowl add 2 tbsp dak caramel syrup along with soaked dry fruits buttermilk and brown sugar mixture and mix it well..
- Now add wet ingredients with dry ingredients and chopped nuts and fold it gently mix well till everything well combined. Don't over mix..
- Transfer to the cake mould upto 3/4 full and sprinkle some dry fruits and nuts over it..
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Once the cake become cool completely remove from the mould and brush up with milk and rest for another 5-10 minutes cover with a towel..
- Now slice and enjoy your Christmas special plum cake..
recipe by Suhita Rana Chowdhury👩🍳 @cookpad