Pumpkin soup. Quick and easy spicy pumpkin soup made with pumpkin purée, onions, fresh ginger, chicken stock, cream, and a mixture of curry, cumin, and coriander. Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock.
Your mama's gonna be so proud. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! This creamy (yet cream-less) soup features incredible roasted pumpkin flavor. You can cook Pumpkin soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- It’s 1 of can of Libby's Pumpkin puree.
- It’s 3 of carrots, peeled and cut in pieces.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, mashed.
- It’s 4 of cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 of tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of or 3 fresh sage leaves.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of Toppings-chicken, bacon, croutons, etc..
Pumpkin soup in the fall is something that never gets old. It's healthy, super creamy, and keeps you cozy. You can use various winter squashes to make this soup but our top two favorite types are sugar. Pumpkin Soup is one of the best fall soups you'll ever taste.
Pumpkin soup instructions
- Take the carrots and onions and put in a pot with the butter and olive oil at low medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the carrots and onions are softened enough. Add the garlic and sage leaves..
- When softened take out the carrots, onions and sage. Put in food processor. Pulse until everything looks creamy, no lumps. Meanwhile in the same pot add the chicken stock and pumpkin purée. When dissolved add the carrot mixture. Stir well. Let simmer for 7 or 9 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Can add the toppings of your choice or eat as is..
A creamy base is loaded with bacon, pumpkin, spices, and pureed until smooth. This easy squash soup is the perfect fall recipe! Oh my gourd, these pumpkin soups are delicious. Thick and Creamy Pumpkin Soup is our family recipe and a favourite weekly soup! Luckily, pumpkin soup is a very easy meal to make, even if you're a beginner in the kitchen.