Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies. Line two large baking sheets with a Silpat liner or parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice together until blended. Line two large baking sheets with a Silpat liner or parchment paper.
Let the butter snap and pop (while stirring occasionally) and once this begins to slow, begin to stir and don't stop. The butte will be foamy so it will be difficult to tell once it has begun to brown, but once you begin to smell the unmistakably nutty aroma of browned butter, remove from heat (still stirring continuously) and pour into a heat-proof container (If you accidentally burn the. Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies A fall inspired cookie with warm brown butter, bourbon and spicy hints. You can have Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 of tap salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tbsp of burbon.
Line two large baking sheets with a Silpat liner or parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice together until blended. Sometimes foodies can all smell really similar – sweet, baked goods, chocolate or vanilla or rum-based – but Brown Butter Bourbon Cookie stands out in all the right ways. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside until needed.
Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until blended well together..
- To brown butter, place small pieces in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When butter begins to foam stir with wire whisk constantly. The color will begin to change and you'll see some brown flakes on the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until the butter has a nutty fragrance and is golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir until the foam subsides. The whole process takes like 10-12 minutes. Have patience!.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all of the sugars, along with the cooled brown butter and using the paddle attachment mix until well blended. It wont be creamy like other cookie doughs. Add the egg and egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, add the burbon until well mixed..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients and just mix until incorporated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just done on the edges..
- Cool for about 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack..
In a large bowl combine flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda; whisk well to combine then set aside until needed. Place butter in a small heavy saucepan. Beat brown sugar and browned butter in a large bowl until blended. Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cookies Baking Tips For these cookies to turn out perfectly, you must take the time to cool the brown butter so it solidifies again. This gives you the opportunity to then cream the butter and brown sugar together so the cookies have a light airy texture.