Ham in coke. Many people have been talking about this recipe. The idea of cooking ham, or any other meat, in a bottle of Coke was almost an urban legend—until people actually started doing. BAKED HAM in COKE is a recipe from NIGELLA LAWSON.
Recipe for non-ketogenic followers uses real Coke! #ham #keto #lowcarb #sugarfree #Christmas #Thanksgiving #Easter #holidayrecipe #ketogenic #slowcooker #crockpot. ham, coke, coca-cola, christmas, mustard, brown sugar, oranges, best, award, recipe, easy, baking Trim any excess skin and/or fat from the ham. Using a sharp knife, score the ham in a diamond. Oh me oh my, why did we not know about this before? it only came to my attention last weekend when talking about nigella recipes. i might sound slightly ridiculous but it came highly recommended. You can have Ham in coke using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ham in coke
- It’s 2 kg of gammon, mild cure.
- You need 1 of onion, peeled and halved.
- Prepare 2 litres of cola.
- You need of Glaze.
- You need 1 handful of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of golden syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of English mustard powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of demerara sugar.
This is an easy way to cook ham, it is sealed in a roasting bag with a can of coke then cooked over a low temperature. After eating rum ham, coke ham is a great way to carry you through the rest of the night. Raw gammon joint cooked in coke for five hours on low in the slow cooker. makes it moist and tender. Your ham in coke is a simple way of doing something along that line: you have lots of sugar, a touch of So sorry, no, the coke is not a "magic ingredient".
Ham in coke instructions
- Put the gammon in a pan, skin side down if it fits like, add the onion then pour over the cola..
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a good simmer, put the lid on, though not tightly, and cook for 1 hour a kilo. If gammon is straight from fridge add 15mins to cooking time..
- Preheat oven to 240°C/gas 9.
- Take the ham out of the pan and let the ham cool a little for ease of handling. (You can let it cool completely then finish off the cooking at some later stage if you want)..
- Remove skin, leaving a thin layer of fat. Score the fat with a sharp knife to make fairly large diamond shapes, and stud each diamond with a clove. Then carefully spread the golden syrup over the fat. Then gently pat the mustard and sugar onto the sticky fat..
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or till the glaze is dark and bubbly. If you left the ham after the simmering, cook for 30-40 minutes at 180°C instead.
recipe by Tom Jacobs @cookpad
From a cooking perspective, using the coke vs. Coca-Cola Ham is a very southern preparation born in the heart of Georgia. Put ham in a pan, add onion and pour over the Coke. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put the lid on and When ham is cooked, take it out of pan and let cool. Remove skin, leaving a thin layer of fat.