Sig's Boozy Mince, Cranberry and Marzipan Pie. ground cinnamon. cranberries. golden caster sugar. gluten-free flour. egg yolks. golden marzipan. sunflower margarine. gluten-free mincemeat. The Best Marzipan Pie Recipes on Yummly Apple, Cherry And Marzipan Pie, Chocolate Pie With Marzipan Mousse, Plum And Marzipan Crumble Pie.
Divide the mixture equally among the pastry cases. Top each tart with some of the grated marzipan. Slide the muffin tin onto the hot baking sheet and bake in. You can have Sig's Boozy Mince, Cranberry and Marzipan Pie using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Sig's Boozy Mince, Cranberry and Marzipan Pie
- It’s of I pack of roll out shortcrust pastry or equivalent homenade.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Butter or flour for brushing or dusting of the tin.
- You need 1 of jar, (400 grams) mince meat, bought or homemade.
- Prepare 1/2-1 block of (taste preference) baking marzipan.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of dark rum or brandy.
- Prepare 2 handful of cranberries.
- It’s of I egg yolk for brushing.
- You need of Powdered or icing sugar for dusting.
These cranberry mince pies are the perfect treat for after Christmas dinner, or as a late night snack with a glass of mulled wine. For the filling, turn the mincemeat into a bowl and stir in the dried cranberries. This buttery homemade mince pie recipe with a festive mincemeat filling is great with a touch of whisky. Cook's tip: if freezing cooked mince pies; cool and chill before freezing in air tight bags.
Sig's Boozy Mince, Cranberry and Marzipan Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 °. Soak cranberries in 2 teaspoons of alcohol. Brush pie dish with deep rim of choice with butter or dust with flour. Roll out the pastry if homemade or line as it comes with shop bought one as this is the right thickness. Make sure you have enough pastry on edge to fold over pie, or as here have a small fold but enough pastry to cut trees or stars..
- Next shave enough marzipan with grater of block to cover bottom of pie. Add mincemeat, shave another layer of marzipan, then add cranberries, drizzle with the rest of alcohol, add another layer of marzipan. Fold over the pie edges and decorate with seasonal shapes. Brush with the egg yolk and bake until golden brown about 20 to 25 minutes, but do check as different ovens cook with very different results sometimes..
- Cool almost completely before putting onto wire rack to finish cooling. You can slightly reheat this or eat it cold with brandy butter or a festive custard or cream. Enjoy..
Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! cranberry-and-marzipan. Order by Cranberry and apple have been added to the mince pie recipe to make it extra fruity. Crumbly almond pastry, a melting shortbread topping and an extra fruity filling make up these mouthwatering cranberry and apple mince pies. Bring the sugar, orange liqueur, orange juice, ginger, and orange zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the pecans, pour into a bowl, and refrigerate several hours until cold.