Nolen gurer payesh or Rice kheer with date palm jaggery.
You can have Nolen gurer payesh or Rice kheer with date palm jaggery using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Nolen gurer payesh or Rice kheer with date palm jaggery
- It’s 1/2 cup of Gobindo bhog rice.
- Prepare 1 litre of full fat milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of nolen gur (date palm jaggery).
- Prepare 1 handful of dry fruits.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s of to Garnishing.
- It’s 5-6 of Pistachios.
- It’s as needed of coconut flakes.
- You need 2 tsp of Some pistacpowder jaggery.
Nolen gurer payesh or Rice kheer with date palm jaggery instructions
- Clean and wash rice for 2-3 times and then soak for 1/2 an hour. You can use other variety of aromatic rice also..
- Place a heavy bottomed pan with drained rice. Add in 1 cup of water and a bay leaf..
- Cook until rice become soft and mushy. I don't like to cook rice directly in milk. Milk prevents to cook rice properly and quickly. So I add milk after cooking rice..
- When the rice cooks completely, mash them with a hand beater or an electric hand blender..
- Now add in full fat milk and mix thoroughly..
- Reduce the flame and cook until milk reduces to make the kheer thick.Also add in coconut flakes in this stage..
- When the kheer comes to desired consistency, remove from heat. Then add in a handful of chopped dry fruits..
- Take date palm jaggery, crush roughly and add in to the kheer..
- Mix thoroughly and transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with crushed pistachios, powder jaggery and coconut flakes. Serve warm..
recipe by Sabrina Yasmin @cookpad