Chicken cordon bleu. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You'd swear it's fried – but it's baked. Learn how to cook chicken cordon bleu recipe.
Veal or pork cordon bleu is made of veal or pork pounded thin and wrapped around a slice of ham and a slice of cheese, breaded. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. You can cook Chicken cordon bleu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken cordon bleu
- Prepare 1 of deli roasted chicken rotisserie.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 C of milk.
- It’s 2 t of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 t of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 t of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli sliced ham.
- It’s 1 C of shredded Swiss cheese.
- You need 5 oz of croutons partially crushed.
It's creamy and tangy and like a next-level gravy. You start by making a basic gravy and then add Dijon mustard and Parmesan to take it into a. Ham and Swiss cheese are wrapped up in a chicken cutlet, coated in breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. Chicken Cordon Bleu was one of the first meals I attempted as a newly married woman.
Chicken cordon bleu step by step
- Shred chicken and add to a large bowl along with cream of chicken soup, milk, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until blended then pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray..
- Roughly chop ham and layer on top of chicken mixture then top with shredded swiss cheese..
- Top casserole with partially crushed croutons..
- Cover with foil..
- Loosely cover and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and dinner rolls..
recipe by Chef Ty @cookpad
I had never heard of pounding chicken to make it thinner and spent a lot of time in the kitchen violently trying to. Chicken cordon bleu is one of those meal-in-one dishes, which appeals to my family's tastes in different ways. It has the crispy exterior from the breadcrumb mixture that the kids enjoy. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a dish composed of chicken breasts, ham, and Swiss cheese. The ham and Swiss cheese are arranged on top of the chicken breast and rolled together then dredged in bread.