Chocolate Chiffon Cake Bûche de Noël.
You can make Chocolate Chiffon Cake Bûche de Noël using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chiffon Cake Bûche de Noël
- Prepare of Chocolate cream:.
- You need 40 grams of Milk.
- Prepare 1 packages of Milk chocolate (or baking chocolate).
- You need 1 of pack Heavy cream.
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- You need of Chocolate chiffon cake:.
- You need 3 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar (for the egg yolks).
- You need 35 grams of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 45 grams of Milk.
- It’s 10 grams of Brandy.
- You need 70 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 10 grams of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 4 of Egg white.
- You need 40 grams of Sugar (for the egg whites).
Chocolate Chiffon Cake Bûche de Noël step by step
- Make the chiffon cake batter. Add the egg yolks to a bowl, add sugar for the egg yolks, and gradually add oil, and whisk with an egg beater with each addition..
- Add milk and brandy and mix, combine the cake flour and cocoa powder and sift in, and mix in circles with an egg beater..
- Make the meringue. Add the egg whites and the sugar for the egg whites into a bowl, and whip well with a hand mixer until peaks form..
- Measure about 1/4 of the meringue, first add it to the batter from Step 2, blend together, add it to the whole amount, and mix until evenly incorporated..
- Pour the batter into the mold, and bake in an oven preheated to 170°C (338 Fahrenheit) for 35 minutes. After baking, flip it upside down to cool completely, and remove it with a knife..
- Make the chocolate cream. Place the milk into a microwave safe container, microwave until it boils, add the minced chocolate, and mix to dissolve..
- Add heavy cream and chocolate to a bowl, place the bottom of the bowl into an ice bath, and whip until thickened..
- Leave about 1/3 of the chocolate from Step 6 aside, add into Step 7 a bit at a time, and whip until it forms a thick ribbon when scooped up. (We will use the remaining chocolate later)..
- Use a palette knife to coat the entire chiffon cake with the chocolate cream..
- Take a small amount of the chocolate leftover from Step 8 on the palette knife, and lightly spread around the top of the cake, and create a bumpy pattern..
- Take a bit of the chocolate onto the palette knife, and coat the sides randomly from the bottom to the top..
- Use a comb on the surface of the cake, and make a tree ring pattern. (You can also use a spoon or a fork)..
- Draw random patterns on the side like a tree trunk with the tip of a fork. Transfer to a plate, top with decorations, and it is done..
- I used holly leaf-shaped cocoa cookies for decoration..
- This is a chocolate chiffon cake that everyone will love that's perfect for Christmas..