Red new potatoes with green beans. Grandma made her snap beans with new potatoes, onions (sometimes) and any type of salt pork that she had on-hand. I just use bacon, because it's always in my fridge. Here's Grandma's recipe for Green (snap) Beans and New Potatoes.
Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley on top. Snap the beans in two, place into a colander, wash, and set aside to drain. Follow our complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to make one of the South's favorite side dishes. You can make Red new potatoes with green beans using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red new potatoes with green beans
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter/ghee.
- You need 43 1/2 oz of green beans canned.
- Prepare 5 small of red new potatoes diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper, freshly cracked.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
Red potatoes were used here, mostly because I had them on hand. They also hold up a bit better during the longer cooking time it will take to get the fresh beans. Top with green chilies, beans, and potatoes. In mixing bowl, combine. cutting into squares.
Red new potatoes with green beans instructions
- In a pan melt butter or ghee.
- Add onions and potatoes cook and cover.
- Let cook covered a 4 minutes add spices take one can I had 3 of green beans drain juice into pan not beans yet just juice about 2/3 cup of bean juice.
- Let cook 7 minutes stirring occasionally cover.
- Add beans no more liquid stir well let simmer 15 minutes.
- Hope you enjoy.
Toss the green beans into the pot, stirring them with a wooden spoon to coat well with the port fat. Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans. Whoever said potato salad needs to be cold? Remove the ends from the beans. Meanwhile, in a large cast iron Dutch oven, lightly brown the salt pork in the bacon grease over.