Vickys Plain Vanilla Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys Plain Vanilla Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Plain Vanilla Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare 210 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 200 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- It’s 120 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 240 ml of tinned coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
Vickys Plain Vanilla Cake, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 8" cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then stir in the oil, milk and vanilla until just combined.
- Right before you're ready to bake add the vinegar and stir gently about 6 times. Pour straight into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is coming loose at the edge of the tin. A toothpick test will also work.
- Let the cake rest in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make this cake the day before you need it. It sets better after sitting a day.
- Makes 1 layer, recipe can be doubled but if doing so only use 180mls oil and 350g sugar. I've found this to be enough.
- Vanilla can be exchanged for any other flavouring and for info, cupcakes take 25 minutes and a 10" square tin bakes in 40 minutes.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad