Coffee Cake in a Mug.
You can cook Coffee Cake in a Mug using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Cake in a Mug
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, softened.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of applesauce.
- It’s dash of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare pinch of (1/8 tsp) baking powder.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need of Struesel Topping.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of whipping cream, optional.
Coffee Cake in a Mug instructions
- In a small bowl, add the butter and sugar. Stir until well combined..
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined..
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a mug..
- In another small bowl, add the struesel ingredients and mix the butter in using a fork until its a lumpy mixture..
- Place the struesel on top of the batter in the mug..
- Cook in the microwave for 50-80 seconds. Begin with 50 seconds and then microwave at 5 second intervals until the top looks barely set. I did follow the instructions to the T however it did take slightly longer that 80 seconds for me it took 90 seconds..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes as it will come out very hot and then top with whipping cream..
- Tip: I quadrupled the recipe as I was making it for 4. I did find that the cake batter came out a little dry so I did mix in a whole egg and about 4 tbsp of whole milk. If you find that yours is a little on the dry side mix in 1 tbsp in at a time until it gets to the right consistency..