Lemon pie. Find recipes for lemon meringue pie, no bake lemon pie, lemon cream pie, lemon chiffon pie and much, much more. Lemon meringue pie is a type of baked pie, usually served for dessert, made with a crust usually made of shortcrust pastry, lemon custard filling and a fluffy meringue topping. Lemon meringue pie is prepared with a bottom pie crust, with the meringue directly on top of the lemon filling.
Homemade lemon meringue pie features a delicious homemade pie crust, tart and smooth lemon filling, and fluffy toasted meringue topping. Lemon Meringue Pie: A Family Favorite. My grandmother Mae was notorious for her sweet tooth. You can make Lemon pie using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Lemon pie
- You need of For the pie crust :.
- You need 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 150 g of butter (softened).
- You need 1 tb of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 5 tb of milk.
- Prepare of For the main cream (vanilla cream):.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 395 g of heavy cream.
- It’s 500 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 of tp vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tb of corn starch.
- It’s of For the second cream (lime cream):.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- It’s of Juice of 2 limes.
- It’s of Meringue:.
- It’s 3 of egg whites (room temperature or warmer).
- It’s 9 tb of sugar.
World's Best Lemon Pie. "MOTHER'S PIES were always so wonderful, with tender, flaky crusts. Through the year we enjoyed berry and apple pies, but in summer the order of the day was lemon. Then try this lemon meringue pie. It's bursting with fresh citrus flavor and a sweet, creamy meringue topping.
Lemon pie step by step
- For the pie crust: mix all ingredients until the dough is firm. Spread with a rolling pin the size of your baking sheet (I like to use two plastic bags around the dough so the it won't stick in the surface). Use a fork to make small holes or baked beans in the dough. Cook in pre heated oven (180°C) until its golden brown.
- For the vanilla cream: dilute the corn starch with a little bit of milk. Put the milk, the corn starch milk and the condensed milk in a pan and mix (don't stop mixing) in low heat until it's creamy and firm. Turn the heat off and mix in vanilla and heavy cream. Wait to cool down a bit and put in the pie crust..
- For the lemon cream: mix condensed milk and lime juice. Spread over the pie..
- For the meringue: beat the egg whites with sugar until it's fluffy. Spread over the pie and make small peaks with a fork. I like to use lime zests to decorate a bit. Bake in low heat until the peaks get a little brown (watch constantly because it can burn!). Let it cool and put in the fridge at least 2h before eating..
If you're pressed for time, substitute Betty Crocker pie crust mix for the from-scratch pie crust. This easy Lemon Pie features a homemade graham cracker crust, a creamy lemon filling, and Have you ever tried a lemon pie? If not, you're in for a real treat today! Lemon Pie With Graham Cracker Crust Recipes. Lemon Pie With Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes.