Best Butter Beans with Ham. The Best Butter Beans Ham Recipes on Yummly Creamed Butter Beans With Country Ham, Browned Butter Lima Beans And Ham, Delicious Ham Hocks & Butter Beans. Florida Butter Bean (or Lima Bean) Soup with Ham and CabbageKalyn's Kitchen.
Purchase the bag that states tiny or baby lima beans. They make a pretty dish when having guests. The ham and bacon drippings will provide some saltiness; therefore. You can have Best Butter Beans with Ham using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Butter Beans with Ham
- Prepare 15 oz of Can Butter Beans, Drained.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Smoked deli Sliced Ham Or Leftover Ham Finely Chopped..
- It’s 1/4 cup of Finely Chopped Onion.
- It’s 1 of A Very Light Sprinkle Of Brown Sugar (Optional).
- It’s of Salt and Black Pepper.
Creamy Butter Beans have lots of smoked ham flavor. They're so thick and creamy and make a fantastic side for any southern meal. This recipe is adapted from Deep South Dish Cookbook and it is phenomenal. Butter beans never tasted so good.
Best Butter Beans with Ham step by step
- In a medium sized pan, melt 2 Tablespoons butter. Add the ham and cook until nice and browned..
- Add 2 more Tablespoons of butter to pan and add your onions. Cook until translucent..
- Add butter beans, remaining 2 Tablespoons butter and a light sprinkle of Brown sugar. Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste..
You have to make these beans to see how much. May need to add if needed. Chop pepper (bell),. fry lightly with ham hocks, bay leaf and butter until it looks yummy. I've read many opinions about butter beans and Lima beans and whether they are the same thing. In traditional southern cooking, butter beans are seasoned with a bit of fatback or a smoked ham hock.