Ladybirds Pumpkin Soup.
You can make Ladybirds Pumpkin Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Pumpkin Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of whole small pumpkin or half of 1 large pumpkin – peeled , deseeded and cut into chunks.
- It’s 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of chicken stock cube.
- It’s 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock – enough to cover ingredients in pot.
- You need 1 small of bunch chives – roughly torn up.
- Prepare 1 small of bunch parsley – roughly torn up.
- It’s 2 of -3 sprigs of rosemary – roughly torn up.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cracked seasalt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 2 of -3 tablespoons cream.
- You need 1 of parsley to garnish – optional.
- You need 1 of cream for garnish – optional.
Ladybirds Pumpkin Soup instructions
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin then cut the flesh into medium sized chunks and peel the garlic but leave it whole ..
- In a large pot , on high heat , add the oil , followed by the pumpkin chunks , whole garlic cloves , cinnamon and the half the amount of the herbs and then give them a toss to coat all . And proceed to cook for couple minutes to release the flavours and natural sugars ..
- Then add just enough vegetable stock to cover the ingredients in pot followed by the crumbled up chicken stock cube , salt and pepper , then stir to combine all . Now bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer (medium / low) and simmer , uncovered , for about 35-45 minutes , or until the pumpkin and garlic are very tender , then stir through the remaining herbs and let simmer a further couple minutes , then remove from heat and let cool slightly before blending.
- Using a stick blender works best , gently blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy (or to desired consistency) , then add the cream , to taste , and blend to combine thoroughly or until light smooth and creamy or desired consistency ..
- Now pour into a clean heat proof jug till needed and serve into a serving bowl , with a swirl of cream and parsley to garnish (optional) . Serve hot or cold . Enjoy . :-).