Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween.
You can have Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween
- It’s 360 ml of For the sushi rice:.
- It’s 100 grams of Smoked salmon slices.
- It’s 10 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 1 of sheet Nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 of egg Thin omelet.
Salmon Sushi Cake for Halloween step by step
- Make sushi rice using sugar, salt, konbucha (salted kelp powder) and vinegar, or use ready-made sushi vinegar or sushi powder mix..
- Make a thin omelet and let cool. Remove stems of shiso leaves. Cut face parts out of nori seaweed and keep the scraps since they will be used for the filling..
- Line a cake tin with plastic wrap. Arrange the smoked salmon on the bottom of the pan, overlapping the slices. Put 5 of the shiso leaves on top of the salmon. Spread half of the sushi rice on top of the shiso leaves..
- Make another layer with the remaining shiso leaves and the thin omelet. Tear the leftover nori seaweed into pieces and sprinkle it on top. Spread the remaining sushi rice on top as the final layer..
- Cover with plastic wrap and press firmly with the bottom of a glass or with your hand. Cover with a plate and carefully invert..
- Remove the layer of plastic wrap and make the face cut out of nori seaweed..
- Cut it in slices, like a cake. The omelet didn't stick to the rice very well, so it might be good to spread a bit of mayonnaise on it in Step 4 to help it hold together..
- Since it is a kind of sushi, you could serve it with soy sauce, but since the salmon is already salty, you won't need much..