Snickerdoodles. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe makes treats that are perfectly soft in the middle with a bit of crunch around the edges. The sweet cinnamon-sugar coating makes them a sure crowd-pleaser! Like a sugar cookie wrapped in a cinnamon sugar hug, these My recipe yields the softest and thickest snickerdoodles you'll ever taste.
Snickerdoodles Recipe & Video. click for printable file. Snickerdoodles are also called Snipdoodles or Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar. You can cook Snickerdoodles using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- You need 1/2 cup of butter (room Temperature) OR Butter flavored Crisco.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 Tbs of sugar.
These classic cookies are soft, chewy, and coated with a delicious cinnamon-sugar mixture. The history of this whimsically named treat is widely disputed, but the popularity of this classic cinnamon-sugar-coated cookie is undeniable! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar.
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Using a handheld mixer cream the butter OR crisco and sugar..
- Next add the egg then vanilla extract and beat until well combined..
- Add dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Flour, Baking Powder & Salt. Stir to combine..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat with mixer to combine..
- Optional Step: This is where I like to place the dough in the fridge while I tidy up the dishes. It makes forming the dough balls in the next step easier in my opinion and my kitchen gets cleaned up😉.
- Combine sugar & cinnamon for rolling the dough balls. Stir to combine..
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in the sugar & cinnamon mixture until well coated then place on cookie sheet..
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes..
No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! A snickerdoodle cookie recipe that is thin and chewy and coated with cinnamon sugar. Snickerdoodles are such a classic cookie, yet up until this point they have honestly been the bane of. Snickerdoodle — A snickerdoodle is a sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar. It has a characteristically cracked surface, and can be crisp or soft depending on preference.