Sig's Tomato Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Drizzle.
You can have Sig's Tomato Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Drizzle using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Tomato Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Drizzle
- It’s of dry ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of whole weat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking,powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 1 handful of pine nuts,.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar, (can use white).
- It’s of wet ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of blanched, seeded, peeled and chopped tomatoes (or use can but drain very well).
- You need 1/4 cup of to 1/2 cup olive oil as needed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider or rasberry vinegar.
Sig's Tomato Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Drizzle step by step
- Drop tomatoes into boiling water and blanch, peel,seed and chop finely or use can of choppes tomatoes but drain very well.
- Mix all dry ingredients,..
- In separate bowl mix all wet ingredients.
- Then mix wet with dry ingredients very gently, do not beat or over stir. Grease a round 9 1/2 inch tin..
- Add cake mix into tin and gently level out. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Cover the mixture and let it infuse for about 24 hours..
- The next day bake at 190 C on middle shelf for about 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean,.
- Cut two slices of tomatoes and rub dark brown sugar into it,sprinkle with a little cinnamon. leave this to soak for baking time, this will make a sugary syrup..
- Just before serving,sprinkle with a dusting of edible sugar gold dust..
recipe by Sigrun @cookpad