You can cook Strawberry Shortcake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Shortcake
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- You need 500 gm of Strawberries.
- You need of For Microwave Vanilla Cake -.
- Prepare 2 cups of All purpose flour or Maida.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- You need 2 tsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup (240 ml) of heavy whipping cream.
Strawberry Shortcake instructions
- Stem and halve the strawberries and mash them. Add Sugar and allow to sit for 30 minutes. This is important as the Strawberries will become juicy and soft..
- For the cake, mix everything in a bowl using an electric hand mixer or an hand held whisk. Firstly add flour, baking powder, melted butter and sugar. Mix well. Now add milk, vinegar and vanilla essence. Mix and pour into a microwave safe dish. Bake at 100% for 2 minutes. Turn the dish round and microwave for 2 more minutes. Turn around again and bake for 1 minute. After 5 minutes of cooling, remove the cake and cut..
- Slice the cake in halves to make two smaller cakes. Spread the strawberries evenly over each cut sides of the cake halves, pouring on the juices as well. Place the cakes in the freezer just for 5 minutes..
- Remove the cake halves. Use a little less than one third of the whipped cream and to spread on top of the strawberries in the bottom layer. Add half of the remaining cream on the top, spreading evenly. Leave it plain or garnish with strawberry halves..