Vegan chocolate cake.
You can cook Vegan chocolate cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Distilled or white apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Margarine.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Vegan chocolate cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In an 8X8 square pan/dish, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a fork, making sure it is really blended together. Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix together so that it's really blended together. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary..
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack completely (2 hours). Seriously, wait 2 hours, or it will collapse in the centre..
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa to a boil. Stir frequently; then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. It'll look gloppy, but it's just the bubbles! Remove from heat and stir for another 5 minutes..
- Add vanilla, stir, and immediately pour onto cake. Glaze dries really quickly, so spread it immediately and add any sprinkles now. Let this cool for an 1 hour, if you can wait that long!.
recipe by Zylvyn @cookpad