Simple spider man cake.
You can have Simple spider man cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple spider man cake
- You need 120 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 120 ml of cooking oil.
- It’s 300 g of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs room temperature preferred.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 390 g of cake flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 5 g of salt.
- It’s 300 ml of buttermilk.
- You need 1 kg of vanilla frosting.
- It’s of Red food coloring.
- You need of Black food coloring.
- Prepare of Blue food coloring.
Simple spider man cake instructions
- Prepare oven at 180'c and prepare two deep square 30cm pans, by greasing well.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, cooking oil and sugar until creamy and well combined.
- Add eggs, to addition, stir in vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a spatula alternate the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, the batter should be smooth and completely combined, but avoid over mixing.
- Evenly divide the mixture into prepared pans and bake at 180'c, insert a toothpick to check if cake is ready, it should come out clean, no wet batter!.
- Allow cake to cool, then sandwich with white icing, and cover cake in full white icing, use the blue food coloring to get desired colour and pipe the web on sides.
- Pipe with black icing the outline off spider mans face, you can also download a printable picture and trace it on the cake, if your are not Confident to draw free hand.
- Full the face with red icing and then pipe the web with black icing, pipe small spiders and other designs to your liking.