Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars. Sweet lemon plants are not true lemons, but a lemon hybrid or a cross between two other types of citrus. In the case of Citrus ujukitsu, this sweet lemon fruit tree is thought to be a strain of tangelo, which is a cross between a grapefruitand a tangerine. The Ujukitsu is a sweet lemon plant from Japan that was.
It is native to southern regions of Iran and also cultivated in the. Sweet Lemon is an exclusive label, made in Europe and designed in Belgium. Iconic styles and the latest fashion trends are the DNA of the brand. You can have Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars
- You need of For the shortbread base layer.
- It’s 30 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 100 g of unsalted butter, at room temp.
- Prepare 125 g of plain flour.
- You need Pinch of fine salt.
- Prepare of For the Lemon filling.
- It’s 2 of large free range eggs.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 180 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 80 ml of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tsp of finely grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s of Icing sugar for dusting.
Sweet Lemon is the spicy touch you need in your wardrobe. They're about the size and colour of regular lemons, but the skin is a bit smoother and maybe not quite so thick. What did I buy and what should I do with them? There was a woman beside me also buying them and I asked her about them.
Sweet Lemon & Shortbread Bars instructions
- Grease and line with parchment a 8×8 inch baking pan..
- Make the shortbread base layer. In a mixing bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and mix gently until well incorporated. Break into pieces and press evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. It may seem at first like it won't spread across the whole pan, but it will if you persevere! Pop the pan into the fridge while you preheat the oven to 180C fan..
- When the oven is up to temperature, place the baking pan into the centre and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top appears matte and puffed, and the edges are just starting to brown. Meanwhile, make the Lemon Layer..
- To make the lemon layer, in a clean mixing bowl place the eggs, egg yolk and sugar and beat on a medium – high speed until paler in colour, light and airy. This should take around 3-4 minutes..
- Gently mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and baking powder over the top. Mix this in very gently until fully incorporated..
- Pour this lemon mixture over the still hot shortbread, then return to the oven and bake for an additional 18 to 20 minutes, or until the top is set. Remove from the oven and place the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, remove from the pan and slice. Dust with icing sugar just before serving..
Sweet Lemon seeks to provide an environment for our community to be comfortable in, a home away from home. Families are welcome to come and share a meal together and converse about their days. Friends are welcome to come and have a drink (or two) and play from our selection of board games. Sweet Lemon, Sweet Lemon Vegan bistro serving lunch and dinner in the Portland area. Online menu, contact information, directory location, order for take out.