Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly. Vegan mince pies – a vegan version of the popular Christmas treat with boozy, easy to make home-made mincemeat and crisp coconut oil pastry. Our selection of warming vegetarian pie and pastry recipes are the perfect meat-free alternative to a Sunday lunch. Prepare a rich Steak and Gravy Pie or a vegetarian alternative to the classic Mince Pie with our delicious Quorn Mince..with vegan mince filling – these savoury hand pies can be enjoyed for any occasion.
These tiny pies can be devoured in two bites of Heaven. This easy vegan lasagna is a boon to all those who abstain from dairy, but even cheese-lovers will enjoy this version of an Italian-American. These 'Ultimate Vegan Mince Pies' are made with incredibly rich and crumbly dairy-free cream 'cheese' pastry, your guests I've always loved homemade cream cheese pastry as the 'ultimate' pastry for mince pies, as it is rich, crumbly, sweet and totally delicious. You can cook Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly
- You need 170 grams of plain flour.
- You need 100 grams of cold butter cubed.
- You need 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter for greasing the.
- Prepare of Sprinkling of caster sugar for the topping.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten for brushing the pastry.
- You need 1 tbsp of cold water.
We start with our own easy-to-make mincemeat which is best made in advance of your baking day. If your kitchen is warm, choose a solid vegan fat rather than a spread as this will help the pastry stars hold their shape. These amazing vegan mince pies use filo pastry so are seriously quick and easy. Just make sure you get vegan mincemeat!
Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly step by step
- Place your oven on to 170 degrees. In a bowl sift the flour and add the butter..
- With you hands rub together the pastry so it becomes fine crumbs..
- Now add the butter, egg yolk and water..
- Using a fork or a palate knife bring the mixture together. On a floured surface place the dough on it..
- With your hands quickly bring it altogether, if you have hot hands it helps to cool them first under a tap of cold water. Then wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for 10 minutes or so..
- Take a quarter off from the dough ball and set aside..
- Making sure your work surface is lightly dusted, carefully roll out the dough! It needs to be about half a centimetre thick..
- Now in a baking mould tray, or foil moulds as here, rub lightly a small amount of butter to the mould so they don’t stick. Choose a cutter which just fits, carefully place in..
- Now add a tablespoon of the mince meat mixture do not over fill them..
- Be creative roll out the remaining pastry for The lids and place on top..
- Beat an egg and brush over the top of the pies. Then sprinkle with caster sugar. Place in the oven for 20 to 25 mins until golden..
- Lift out of the oven, leave to cool..
Press a piece of filo into each cup of the bun tin. Divide the mincemeat mixture equally between the pastry-lined cups. Festive, rich & fruity Vegan Christmas Mincemeat steeped in boozy deliciousness! Perfectly flakey vodka pastry, filled with spiced fruit mince – you'll not find a more delicious vegan mince pie recipe anywhere! There's nothing quite like a homemade mince pie, served warm from the oven with a glass of mulled wine, to get you into the We've got plenty of mince pie recipes to choose from – Paul Hollywood bakes a big batch of deep-filled mince pies, while Mary Berry's mince pies are.