You can make Bombay vadapaav using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bombay vadapaav
- It’s 1 packet of paav.
- Prepare of Dates and tamarind chutney.
- Prepare of Garlic chutney,.
- Prepare 50 gram of garlic.
- Prepare 10-12 of nos. Dry red chilli.
- It’s 1 of nos. Onion.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of To make vada,.
- It’s 500 gram of boiled potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh chilli garlic paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 spoon of turmeric.
- It’s 3 spoon of oil.
- You need 1 spoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s 7-8 of nos curry leaves.
- You need of Oil for deep fry.
- It’s of To make besan batter.
- It’s 100 gram of besan (chickpea flour).
- Prepare 50 gram of rice flour.
- It’s 1 spoon of cornflour.
- It’s 1 spoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 spoon of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s Pinch of soda bicarb.
Bombay vadapaav step by step
- To make the garlic chutney, roast the garlic, red chillies and onions in a pan and grind in a mixer with a little water..
- To make the vada, smash the boiled potatoes. Now take the oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chili and garlic paste. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Now add turmeric and smash potatoes, add salt, mix and saute for 2-3 minutes. After it cools down, make round balls..
- To make besan batter, mix all the ingredients and add a little water and mix well. Now dip the vada in it and fry in hot oil..
- Cut the paav in the middle. Apply dates-tamarind chutney on both sides first and then garlic chutney. Put batata vada. Serve with fried green chillies and both chutneys..
recipe by Prachi Desai @cookpad