Vegan mango cheezecake.
You can have Vegan mango cheezecake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan mango cheezecake
- Prepare 500 g of Silken tofu.
- It’s 200-250 g of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Agar Agar powder (not flakes) & 100mls mango juice & 200mls cold water.
- It’s 300 g of plain soft cheese-alternative (vegan) I used Sainsbury’s free-from.
- Prepare 400 g of Tin/pack of mango in juice- I used del-monte.
- It’s 350 g of Ginger biscuits -usually accidentally vegan but check ingredients.
- You need 80 g of Vegan butter.
- It’s tin of Spring-form cake.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of Hatchi sour plum paste (see picture in step 2).
- It’s Squeeze of lemon juice (optional).
Vegan mango cheezecake step by step
- Blitz the ginger biscuits into crumbs, melt the butter & mix into the biscuit crumbs. Press into the greased cake-tin to make a base. Bake for 15mins on 180 *C. Then leave to cool..
- Blend the tofu, soft cheese, icing sugar, 150g of mango chunks & plum paste till smooth. Taste & add more plum paste if needed -you’re aiming for a sour cheesy flavour..
- Once you know the base is cool (1/2 hr after baking) put 100ml of the mango juice & the water in a small pan & mix in the Agar Agar powder. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly- let it boil for a minute (keep stirring).
- Working quickly because it will start to set as it cools- switch on the blender & pour in the Agar Agar mix, blend for a minute then scrape the contents into the cake tin, on top of the biscuit base. Spread out evenly -leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours..
- To finish – purée the rest of the mango pieces with a blender or mash with a potato masher, add a squeeze of lemon juice & a bit of icing sugar if it needs pepping up a bit, tinned can lack flavour..
- Take the cheezecake out of the fridge. It should be set firm. Press a shaped cookie cutter into the centre gently (I used a star). Scrape the filling out of the middle of the shape. Fill the gap with mango purée & remove the cutter. Then decorate with edible glitter or edible flowers -whatever you like!.
recipe by Chrissie Cooke @cookpad