Tres leches cake.
You can cook Tres leches cake using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tres leches cake
- It’s of For the cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 5 of eggs, separated.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar, divided 3/4 and 1/4.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare of 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For the syrup.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare of 1/4 cup whole milk.
- You need of For the toppings.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, for Whipping.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Chocolate shavings (optional).
- You need of Strawberries for topping (optional).
Tres leches cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly spray a 9×13” pan with non-stick cooking spray..
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls..
- Add 3/4 cup sugar to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Add the 1/3 cup milk and vanilla and stir to combine..
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently with a spatula just until combined..
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites on high speed. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar as you mix and continue beating until stiff peaks..
- Fold egg whites into the batter gently using a spatula, just until combined..
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Make sure to smooth it into an even layer so your baked cake doesn’t have divots in it..
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool completely..
- Combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk in a small bowl. Once the cake has cooled use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake..
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the the top of the cake, making sure to pour near the edges and all around..
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour or overnight, to allow it to soak up the milk..
- In the meantime, whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks. Smooth over the top of the cake..
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings. Serve with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. ENJOY 🌹.
recipe by Flavoratte Kitchen @cookpad