Mincemeat Pie. Check Out Mincemeat Pie Filling on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Take some prepared mincemeat and stir in walnuts, diced apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and brandy.
Mincemeat or mince pie is a British delicacy for the holiday season that traces back to the kings and queens of the Middle Ages, or even earlier. The recipe was developed as a way to preserve meat, such as mutton or beef, without salt or smoke. Grate the cold butter on the large side of a box grater directly into the dry ingredients. You can cook Mincemeat Pie using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat Pie
- It’s of Stuffings.
- It’s 1 can of Jam.
- It’s 16 of Rasberries.
- You need of Pastry.
- It’s 375 grams of Plain Flour.
- It’s 260 grams of butter.
- You need 125 grams of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk (add more if needed).
- Prepare of Icing Sugar.
A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called "mincemeat", that is traditionally served during the Christmas season in much of the English-speaking world. Mincemeat is a mixture of currants, raisins, sugar, apples, candied citrus peel, spices. Paired with apples and brandy in this recipe, it's a delicious holiday dessert pie. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
Mincemeat Pie instructions
- Place the flour and Sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Take the butter and chop it roughly into cubes.
- Add the butter to the flour and sugar and rub together using your fingertips until you find it to be in a crumbly consistancy..
- Now add the milk and mix together until it looks fairly like a dough..
- Tip it out on a lightly floured surface and mix until it all comes together.
- Preheat the oven @ 200-220°C or @ gas 7..
- Using a Round cutter(around 10cm), cut 16 bases and spread them out in a muffin tray.
- Fill the base 3/4 of jam and put a berry on top :).
- Re-roll the pastry and cut out 7cm lids, then press the sides of the base and the lid together to seal..
- Mark an X on top of the pies and Bake them for 15-20 mins or until golden brown..
- Leave them to cool down for about 2-5 mins before taking them out of thier trays or else they'll fall apart..
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, Serve and Enjoy!.
Mincemeat pie, also called mince pie, has occupied a prominent place on Britain's holiday table for centuries and that tradition continues today. Taste of Home has the best mincemeat pie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Walnut Mincemeat Pie As a cold and tasty finishing touch, my husband and I usually put a dip of ice cream on top of our mincemeat pie slices. Trim the excess pastry with a sharp knife then crimp the edges. Cut a small cross in the centre of each pie and brush the top with beaten egg.