Shish Barak with Yoghurt.
You can cook Shish Barak with Yoghurt using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shish Barak with Yoghurt
- Prepare of For the Shish Barak dumplings:.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 500 g of coarsely ground beef.
- You need 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1 of pinch of cinnamon.
- You need of For the Sauce.
- Prepare 1 kg of yogurt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of starch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Shish Barak with Yoghurt step by step
- To prepare the dough: sift the flour in a bowl with some salt. Gradually add water and knead to obtain a soft dough. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 min..
- To prepare the filling: on high heat, fry the chopped onion in a skillet with the vegetable oil until golden. Add the ground meat, cinnamon, pepper and salt and fry until the meat turns brown. Set aside to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C..
- To make the shish barak dumplings: on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 4 cm circles..
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling at the centre of each circle and fold in half. Press edges together then bring both corners together to obtain a dumpling. Seal well..
- Put all the meat dumplings in a well-greased baking tray and bake for 10 min or until blushed. Remove from oven and set aside..
- To prepare the sauce: strain the yogurt into a pot, add the dissolved starch and place over medium heat. Stir continuously in a circular movement until yogurt thickens then reduce the heat. It is very important to stir continuously for the yogurt not to stick to the pot..
- In a small skillet, fry the minced garlic and fresh coriander with the vegetable oil and add them to the yogurt. Mix well and turn off the heat..
- To serve, place the shish barak dumplings in a serving dish and pour the yogurt sauce in another deep dish. It is customary to serve vermicelli rice along with it. In each individual plate, place a serving of rice and shish barak dumplings and cover with yogurt sauce..
- This serving method is recommended to preserve the crunchiness of the shish barak. Another way to serve it is to add the shish barak dumplings to the yogurt sauce before serving, in which case it will lose its crunchiness..