Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars. Classic cheesecake can be complicated and finicky, but these chocolate chip cheesecake bars are super easy without compromising flavor. Using refrigerated cookie dough for the crust takes out the fuss of forming a base from crumbs. The cheesecake layer comes together in minutes with three ingredients and a hand mixer.
Because I'm all about options, please feel free to use your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie dough in place of the refrigerated dough. The cheesecake layer combined with the chocolate chip cookie dough make a dessert that no one will forget! The cheesecake filling is so creamy and delicious and the chocolate chips from the cookies really make this a decadent dessert. You can cook Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars
- Prepare of Crust:.
- You need 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of softened Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 2 cup of Chocolate Chips.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 8 oz of softened Cream Cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and eggs together in a bowl until smooth; spread over cookie dough in baking dish. The cheesecake for these chocolate chip cookie bars is very simple to make and very rich and creamy (as cheesecake always should be).
Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9×9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt for crust..
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy..
- Add egg and vanilla and whip to incorporate. Add flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips..
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan to form an even layer. Combine filling ingredients and beat until blended..
- Spread filling over the cookie dough layer and level..
- Crumble remaining crust dough over the filling layer. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cheesecake is set and cookie dough has browned. Allow to cool completely and chill before slicing..
As with all of my cheesecake recipes, this one uses a small amount of sour cream to really bring out the full flavor in these bars. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed; set aside. Delicious chocolate chip cookies, in bar form, with a cheesecake filling. Not only are these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars delicious, they are also amazingly easy to make. These are like chocolate chip cookies with a bonus inside.