Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham.
You can cook Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham
- Prepare 1 of (10-pound) whole bone-in smoked ham, unsliced.
- Prepare 1 of whole cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1 cup of soda or orange juice.
- It’s of Basting Sauce.
- It’s 2/3 cup of bourbon or whiskey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clover honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of raspberry preserves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raspberry chipotle jelly.
- It’s 1 of Nonstick cooking spray.
Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium saucepan, heat bourbon, honey, and jellies over low heat for 15 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. (When measuring honey, spray measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray to keep measurements accurate.) Set aside..
- With a sharp knife, cut a diamond pattern on the fatty part of the ham. Stud whole cloves in each diamond, at points where lines cross. Place the ham in large roasting pan and sprinkle with the allspice. Pour the soda into the pan and spread half of the bourbon glaze over the ham and roast for 17-20 minutes per pound uncovered. If the ham begins to burn, cover loosely with foil. Baste occasionally about every 15-20 minutes with pan juices. Use remaining glaze for dipping sauce. Let ham stand for 30-40 minutes before slicing..
recipe by Brenda @cookpad