Chicken Pot Pie Casserole.
You can make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 of Onion (chopped fine).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Carrots (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Broccoli (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cauliflower (chopped).
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- It’s 2 cups of Low-Sodium Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 can of Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 2 cups of (around 1 lbs) cooked, shredded Chicken.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of Frozen Peas (thawed).
- Prepare 1 pkg of refrigerated Pilsbury JUNIOR Grands Biscuits (8 count).
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large pan, heat oil to medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, saute vegetables until tender (about 5-7min.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer vegetables to bowl with chicken, set aside..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the same pot. When melted, add flour and stir constantly for about 1 minute. Whisk in milk, chicken broth, soup and thyme. Allow sauce to come to a simmer and simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with salt and pepper..
- Take off heat and add chicken and vegetables. Mix filling thoroughly. If filling is too thick, add milk and broth..
- Pour into a 13×9" baking dish and bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 8 raw biscuits. Return to oven and bake additional 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving..