Easy Christmas Cake #ChristmasBaking #Mombasa.
You can have Easy Christmas Cake #ChristmasBaking #Mombasa using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Easy Christmas Cake #ChristmasBaking #Mombasa
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of plain flour (all purpose flour).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 220 g of butter (salted).
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of clove powder.
- You need 2 cups of mixed dried fruits (I used raisins, cranberries, cherries and tutti frutti).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped mixed nuts (I used almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and pistachios).
- Prepare 1/4 of – ⅓ cup fresh orange juice.
- Prepare of zest from one orange (grated orange peel).
- It’s 2 tbsp of brandy, rum or any alcohol of your choice (optional) or use orange juice.
- Prepare of extra flour for dusting.
- It’s of extra butter for greasing.
Easy Christmas Cake #ChristmasBaking #Mombasa step by step
- Prepare the baking tin. For one cake you can use a 9″ round tin. I used a 6″ round tin and a small loaf tin. Grease the tin lightly with butter. Add about a tsp or so of flour and shake the tin to spread the flour around. Dust the sides too. Tap the tin gently over the sink to remove excess flour..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Sieve the flour, spices and baking powder together..
- Mix the nuts and dried fruits together. Add 1 tbsp flour to it and mix it. By doing this the fruit and nuts will not sink to the bottom of the cake while baking..
- Cream butter and sugar together till it is nice and fluffy. The color too will become a bit lighter..
- Add the zest and one egg. Whisk till the egg is mixed into the sugar butter mixture..
- Add a tablespoon of flour and mix. Add the second egg and whisk..
- Add a tablespoon of flour and mix. Add the third egg and whisk..
- Add the juice and alcohol. Whisk. Add remaining flour and fold well..
- Add the nuts and fruit mixture and fold it in gently. Transfer the batter to the prepared tin/tins..
- Baking time will vary according to the size of the tin. 9″ one will take 55-60 minutes. My 6″ one took 45-50 minutes and the small loaf one took 35 minutes..
- The top should be nice golden brown color and when you insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake it should come out clean if the cake is done..
- Remove the tin from the oven. Let the cake rest in the tin for 5 minutes..
- Then remove it carefully and let it cool down completely on a wire rack.Christmas cake is ready to be enjoyed with friends and family..
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. Use lemon zest instead of orange zest. Replace the alcohol with juice or water..
recipe by Mayuris-Jikoni @cookpad