my Baked Spiral Sliced Ham.
You can have my Baked Spiral Sliced Ham using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of my Baked Spiral Sliced Ham
- It’s 1 of spiral sliced ham.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of 16oz. can pineapple tidbits drained with juice reserved.
- Prepare 1 of glaze packet from ham.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar (yes another one).
my Baked Spiral Sliced Ham instructions
- preheat oven to 325°F.
- wisk together first half cup of brown sugar, pineapple juice from can of pineapple, honey and glaze packet from ham..
- place ham upsidedown in a baking dish big enough to fit the ham in.. reserve juices from ham package and pour juices into bottom of pan..
- place pineapple tidbits between the slices of ham.. about 3 per slice.. squish the tidbits a bit to make them fit. place a few on top as well.
- drizzle brownsugar mixture between ham slices and all over top..
- cover with foil and bake for about1.5 to 2 hours depending on size of ham.. baste ham every half hour with pan juices..
- during last 20minutes flip ham right side up carefully… then take the other half cup of brown sugar and pack it ontop of the ham and drizzle a bit more pan juices over that…
- bake that last 15- 20 minutes uncovered..
- let rest 5 min. then serve hot!.
- For the ham with pineapple and marachino cherries: my fiance bought a whole 20# bone in ham.. I made cuts several inches apart on both sides. Placed a half a pineapple ring in between each cut I made. Doubled the brown sugar pineapple mix.. and pured that over top. Placed the ham fatty side up and baked covered for 1 1/2 hours..
- Flipped the ham over. Then covered it in pineapple rings. And baked covered another 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Basting every 30 minutes..
- Then placed a marachino cherry inside each pineapple ring. Basted it with the pan juices and Sprinkled brown sugar over the whole thing. And baked uncovered for another 30 minutes..
recipe by renee @cookpad